Wednesday, April 28, 2010

i need to calm down a bit

Be very careful, then, how you live -
not as unwise but as wise,
making the most of every opportunity
,
because the days are evil.
Eph 5:15-16

*
Jia is going for the interview by SPP. it's tomorrow morning.
I have been reading about NKRA, NEM, and some other issues here and there. Sigh. I don't like the idea of reading all this stuff just to pass the interview. Whateverlar. sigh.

Tuesday nights is my math 'tuition' night. I am trying all that i can to help that few students who are performing way below par. It's not easy because sometimes i just can't understand what is it that they don't understand. I am trying. Real hard.

Lately I have been kind of losing my patience, especially when it comes to explaining the steps to solve the math problem. sigh. same for Science and Bio. It's been quite tiring, seriously.

Seriously, one day i might erupt like a volcano. I hate the word 'blank'. Gosh. The students always say,
"Teacher, blank..."
*which means they DON'T UNDERSTAND A THING and they have learnt NOTHING*

In my heart, I was like... 'hey, kid, i tell you what, another 'blank' from you i will make sure you feel sorry for every 'blank' you uttered and whenever you fill in any blanks you will so be reminded of the sins you committed in Math. :p

I need to learn how to punish the students, how to rotan them.. etc. I can't believe how 'nice' i have been all this while.

Two more weeks to mid year exam. I need to start preparing the exam papers. I will be setting the Form 2 Math paper 1 and 2, and Form 3 Science paper 1. busy busy.

I should learn to make the most out of all the opportunities i can get throughout my days here. I am entering my 5th month in LD. It's been interesting I must say, although some of the days were pretty terrible, horrible and miserable.. *aha* but in many occasions, God has been speaking 'sense' into my heart and head, and this is encouraging.

and....

Cooking saves me *from the hell of school work*
;)

2 comments:

Suit Lin said...

yeah I agree you've been too kind to them. I usually am not. Yet sometimes the path of least resistance is just to take a deep breath and reexplain. often ibdonso by over emphasizing and looking bored so that the students pandai pandai la. I also donno how to punish my 19 yearolds. heh

what you said is right about taking hold of every opportunity. to me it's always a choice and I believe the world is fair that in the long run if you give more blood, sweat and tears you will get more intrinsic value in return.

actually wanted to text you to wish you all the best for your interview one but I don't have your number. text it to me? mine is on the 19th hohoho. hope your go smoothly and they fall in love with you and your cooking XD.

Jia said...

the world is fair in the looooooong run ;) the challenge is to see past the tough times right in front of our eyes.

you will do well in the interview, believe me. ;) i didn't get to talk about my cooking coz the topics we talked about during the interview don't give me space to talk about cooking. haha