'Do you think the way to tell the story of the Christian way is to describe its trials and tribulations? It is not. It is to name and describe the God who preserves, accompanies and rules us' - Eugene Peterson, The Journey.
Ebenezer.
Different ones of us have our own stories to tell. I have finished my second month in LD. And I am beginning to go thru' days 'one-month-at-a-time'. I count it as an achievement, a great leap from being stuck at 'one-week-at-a-time' for almost two months.
Because You're with me, I will not fear.
This afternoon I heard the tune of Amazing Grace. I woke up and realised that it came from my dream.
'Grace does not depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colours' - William Young, The Shack.
I have to constantly remind myself how i worked through the struggles and difficulties for the past 4 years that led me to where i am this day, lest I got entangled in the jimo-ness of being far away from the other side of my world and ensnared by the disillusionment which comes when things do not turn out the way we(i) wanted it to be.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than you ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
I am still living like a 'tourist' in LD, as if i am doing a long term teaching practice in a place very far away from UM. It feels weird to be in a place foreign to you. A stranger on that place, no matter how long you are there or how familiar you become with that place. You know you don't belong there and you yearn to be back Home.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Sometimes you can't help but wonder how some people go through days doing their tasks halfheartedly. They expect people to take over their task, to cover for them whatever that was left out. They pay no attention to important things, yet they are always so into making sure that the trivial and menial stuff is ok.
Do not judge, or you too will be judge. The speck of sawdust in their eyes and the plank of wood in my own eye.
and
Where do you spend most of your time in your mind, in your imagination, in the present, in the past, or in the future? my jimo-ness caused me to spend a lot of time in the past. my anxiousness and the desire to be in control of situations caused me to spend too much time in the future. Am i really living in the present?
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of thornbush will grow the pine tree and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign which will not be destroyed.
this is how it has to be.
Ebenezer.
Different ones of us have our own stories to tell. I have finished my second month in LD. And I am beginning to go thru' days 'one-month-at-a-time'. I count it as an achievement, a great leap from being stuck at 'one-week-at-a-time' for almost two months.
Because You're with me, I will not fear.
This afternoon I heard the tune of Amazing Grace. I woke up and realised that it came from my dream.
'Grace does not depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colours' - William Young, The Shack.
I have to constantly remind myself how i worked through the struggles and difficulties for the past 4 years that led me to where i am this day, lest I got entangled in the jimo-ness of being far away from the other side of my world and ensnared by the disillusionment which comes when things do not turn out the way we(i) wanted it to be.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than you ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
I am still living like a 'tourist' in LD, as if i am doing a long term teaching practice in a place very far away from UM. It feels weird to be in a place foreign to you. A stranger on that place, no matter how long you are there or how familiar you become with that place. You know you don't belong there and you yearn to be back Home.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Sometimes you can't help but wonder how some people go through days doing their tasks halfheartedly. They expect people to take over their task, to cover for them whatever that was left out. They pay no attention to important things, yet they are always so into making sure that the trivial and menial stuff is ok.
Do not judge, or you too will be judge. The speck of sawdust in their eyes and the plank of wood in my own eye.
and
Where do you spend most of your time in your mind, in your imagination, in the present, in the past, or in the future? my jimo-ness caused me to spend a lot of time in the past. my anxiousness and the desire to be in control of situations caused me to spend too much time in the future. Am i really living in the present?
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of thornbush will grow the pine tree and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign which will not be destroyed.
this is how it has to be.
2 comments:
Hang in there...
Many love and wishes to you.
thank you Nalika!!!! ;)
Post a Comment